We Are Starting to Recruit for the 2024 Cohort
We are beginning to recruit the next cohort of the Preaching for Encounter program. Are you a preacher who is eager to learn and grow? Do you passionately want your homilies to bring your people into an encounter with the living God? If so, please contact your bishop or whoever is in charge of ongoing formation for your diocese and ask them to get your diocese involved.
The current 2022 cohort for the Preaching for Encounter Program has nearly 50 preachers. They come from the dioceses of Dallas, TX, Victoria, TX, and Green Bay, WI.
For the 2024 cohort, we will enroll six peer learning groups with 8-10 preachers each. If you are a bishop or a vicar for clergy and you would like for your diocese to be part of this, please contact us directly. We would love to hear from you!
When we have reached the capacity of six groups, we will begin a waiting list for the next cohort.
What is the timeline for participation in the 2024 cohort?
- October, 2023, give us your “yes” to your diocese being part of the two-year program
- January, 2024, get a “yes” from 8-10 humble and willing preachers who will commit themselves to the two-year process of homiletic growth; have them fill out and send in their application; please contact us for recruiting suggestions and guidelines
- February 2024, we will interview your recommended preachers to get to know them and to determine their level of interest (admission is not automatic).
- March – May, 2024, the program kicks off with an orientation in your home diocese
- June, 2024, Summer introductory retreat for all participants
- July-August, 2024, Pre-coaching interviews
- September-October, 2024, peer learning groups begin to meet, personal coaching begins
For more information about the Preaching for Encounter Program, click here.